The Internal Medicine team at WestVet is dedicated to improving each pet’s quality of life through expert care, comprehensive diagnostics, and advanced medical treatments. Our expert team specializes in providing acute and long-term care for pets using minimally invasive procedures and advanced treatments.
If you feel your pet could benefit from seeing a specialist, please speak with your veterinarian about a referral.
If you have any questions regarding internal medicine treatments and services, please call WestVet at 208.375.1600.
Commonly Treated Conditions:
- Endocrinology – Addison’s disease, Cushing’s Syndrome, canine hypothyroidism, diabetes, insulinoma, and feline hyperthyroidism
- Gastroenterology – Treatment for disorders of the stomach, intestine, esophagus, liver, pancreas, and biliary tract
- Hematology – Treatments and therapies for red blood cell, platelet and white blood cell disorders, immunology for immunodeficiency diseases, and blood component therapy
- Infectious Disease – Bacterial, viral disease, Bartonella, mycoplasma, rickettsial, protozoal, and fungal disease
- Nephrology/Urology – Treatment for disorders of the kidneys, urinary bladder, ureters, and urethra
- Respiratory Disease – Disorders of the lungs, bronchi, nasal cavity, larynx, and trachea
- Bone Marrow Biopsies and Aspirates
- Endoscopic Procedures
- Endoscopic Foreign Object Retrieval
- Endotracheal Washes
- Diagnostic Endoscopy
- Feeding Tube Placement and Nutrition Management
- Immune-Mediated Disease Therapy and Treatment
- Metabolic/Endocrine Testing and Treatment
- Specialized Diagnostic Bloodwork
- Systolic Blood Pressure
- Ultrasonography (Ultrasound)