Tyler J. Hawbecker, DVMSpecialty Intern in Veterinary Surgery
Tyler J. Hawbecker, DVM, is a Specialty Intern in Veterinary Surgery at WestVet Boise, where he has been a part of the team since 2023.
Dr. Hawbecker attended Iowa State University where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science and a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree.
Dr. Hawbecker has a special interest in soft tissue, orthopedic, and neurosurgery, specifically minimally invasive techniques (laparoscopy, arthroscopy), soft tissue reconstruction, wound management, and fracture repairs. He also has an interest in canine sports medicine and rehabilitation. He enjoys being a part of a team that takes an evidence-based approach to solving complex problems with patients and seeing the joy on the clients’ and patients’ faces when they are reunited after a long procedure or hospital stay. This serves as a constant reminder of why he entered the veterinary profession.
When away from the hospital, he enjoys being outdoors, specifically hiking, fishing, and kayaking. He loves archery since childhood and is interested in competition. He loves sports and his native Chicago Cubs, Bears, and Bulls!
- Bachelor of Science: Iowa State University
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Iowa State University
- Rotating Internship – North Carolina State University
- Second Internship – Veterinary Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Group – Annapolis Junction, MD
Awards & Recognition:
- Influence of Kirschner-Wire Insertion Angle on Construct Biomechanics following Tibial Tuberosity Osteotomy Fixation in Dogs – Tyler J Hawbecker, Daniel J Duffy, Yi-Jen Chang, George E Moore