Katherine (Casey) Leonard, DVM, DACVS-SABoard-certified Veterinary Surgeon
Katherine (Casey) Leonard, DVM, Diplomate, ACVS-SA, is a Board-certified Veterinary Surgeon at WestVet Boise. She joined our team in 2023.
Dr. Leonard earned a Bachelor of Science degree from Michigan State University and a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Tufts University. She completed a small animal rotating medicine and surgery internship at Veterinary Specialty Hospital. Following this, Dr. Leonard completed a surgery internship at WestVet Boise and a surgery residence at the University of Wisconsin.
Dr. Leonard is fascinated by many aspects of veterinary surgery. She has special interests in airway surgery, minimally invasive surgery, and wound management. What she likes best about her profession is her role in helping pets get back to feeling happy and healthy.
In her free time, Dr. Casey Leonard enjoys cooking, reading, and hiking with her beloved collie.
- Bachelor of Science: Michigan State University
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Tufts University
- Small Animal Rotating Medicine and Surgery Internship: Veterinary Specialty Hospital
- Surgery Internship: WestVet Boise
- Surgery Residency: University of Wisconsin
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)