You and/or your dog could make a big difference in the world.
We are excited to announce that WestVet will host a Blood Drive with the American Red Cross, on Friday, Oct. 4 from 1 to 6 PM.
This event is open to the community and we hope that our friends, neighbors and clients will join us! WestVet has pledged to donate 25 pints – and we want to reach this goal!
In addition, Dr. Chat Hunt, founder of Canine Blood Heroes, is inviting the owners of his furry heroes to give blood for the American Red Cross Drive, and they will test dogs that may quality to become future Canine Donors. If you have any questions about that program or the qualifications, you can call WestVet or send an email HERE.
We recently shared a story about WestVet pets who donate blood regularly to help other pets in medical crises in a recent blog post HERE.
American Red Cross facts on blood donation facts:
- Every 2 seconds, someone in America needs blood
- Every day, patients receive approximately 38,000 unit
- In 2013, four million patients will require blood transfusions
To be eligible to donate, a person must meet the following criteria:
- Donor must be 17 + (16-year-olds may donate with parent permission)
- Weighs at least 110 lbs
- Provide valid identification
- More info on the Red Cross Website HERE
To schedule an appointment, please call WestVet at 375.1600.
Hope to hear from you! This is a great way to make a difference in the world.