VETERINARY EMERGENCY AND CRITICAL CAREWestVet offers Emergency Veterinary care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
If your pet is experiencing a medical emergency, please call 208.375.1600 or come directly to our animal hospital. Located at 5024 W. Chinden Blvd., Garden City, ID 83714, at Chinden/50th.
Our team of veterinary emergency doctors and staff will provide your pet with medical care when your family veterinarian may not be available.
Whether during the middle of the night, weekends, or holidays, our team of highly-trained emergency veterinarians and technicians, and two Board Certified Small Animal Critical Specialists are ready to care for your pet.
All patients are handled gently and lovingly and kept clean and dry at all times. A veterinary patient care technician specifically assigned to your pet will monitor vital signs throughout the day and night. This ensures that the treatment plans are maintained.
What is a Veterinary Emergency?
Contact your family veterinarian or come to the hospital immediately if you notice any of the following signs or symptoms in your pet:
- Difficulty breathing, coughing or choking
- Disorientation, weakness, seizures or collapse
- Inability to rise or walk, paralysis
- Limping that lasts longer than 12 hours
- Body temperature less than 99°F or over 104°F (a fever)
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea, lack of appetite and/or thirst
- Blood in urine, vomit or stool
- Straining or inability to eliminate waste
- Suspected ingestion of any foreign object or poison
- Bloating (swollen, hard abdomen)
- Trauma, such as a car accident, dog fight, fall, laceration, snake bite, etc.
- Fractured limbs, swelling of joints, lameness, or paralysis
- Difficulties during labor and delivery
- Bleeding from the nose, mouth and/or any uncontrollable bleeding
Idaho’s only VECCS Level 1 Certified Animal Emergency Facility
WestVet earned Level 1 certification from the Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society in October 2015. This distinction places our Idaho emergency clinic among the elite veterinary hospital care centers in the United States. It ensures that our team of vet specialists and staff will provide the highest level of veterinary care available to your family.
View/download a list of safety precautions to help avoid veterinary emergencies HERE.
View/download a list of symptoms or ailments which require medical attention HERE.